Never put a glass curtain in the bathroom (7 problems). Soviet relic (curtain) against newfangled glass
Jan 02, 2021
Many designers claim that bathroom curtains spoil the entire renovation. Fresh renovations and a trendy interior spoil the curtains. These are "relics of the past" that should be disposed of.
Glass curtains look stylish and modern. They are much more hygienic than conventional curtains made of polyethylene or fabric. The partition protects the room from splashing.
There are curtains on sale with a beautiful pattern or matte finish. Many manufacturers apply specials to glass. spraying, which prevents bacteria. There are swing, sliding, pendulum.
But all of the above advantages cancel out significant disadvantages that many do not think about.
Cons of glass
1. Glass only looks perfect before taking a bath. Fingerprints on the glass are very visible. They need to be wiped off every time. But that's half the trouble. After each wash, you need to wipe the glass, getting rid of soap stains. Someone has hard water. This aggravates the situation at times. Every day you will need to wash off white spots using chemistry.
2. Glass zones for the sink and bath. This is good, but with a curtain it is better. It can be pushed aside and there will be more free space.
And the glass, the wall will clamp, not allow to turn freely, spread your arms to the side. I do not want to hurt my elbows against glass or a wall.
3. Many people complain that a regular curtain sticks to the body. Then it seems that glass is the only way to improve the situation. But this is not the case. Buy a good curtain (fabric water repellent). Replace the light curtain with a heavier and thicker one.
Move the bar on which the curtain is hung a little further outside the bath (by 5-7 cm). Then there will be no sticking problems.
4. If the old fabric curtain has become stained, stains have appeared, then it can simply be washed in a typewriter (there is enough once a year). It will be like new. And you don't need to wash it every day, like a glass partition. If the cheap curtain is made of polyethylene, then you can throw it away and buy a new one.
Glass curtains are expensive. You also need to spend energy or money to install it. It's not a fact that they will deliver it to you with high quality. The fact is that the installation is not easy and there is a chance to install them crookedly.
5. Over time, the sliding glass curtain accumulates moisture, hair, calcium, and soap from the bottom (on the sliding rails). Mold and mildew appear in this place. And even if the best fittings are installed, the rail curtains stop functioning normally (move apart).
6. Do not put a glass accordion for the bath, even if it is convenient and beautiful at first glance.
The sharp corners of the accordion protrude into the bath. It is possible to make the accordion come out, but in most cases this is not possible. Therefore, a glass accordion protruding into the bathroom leads to unpleasant scratches on the knees and other parts of the body.
7. And yet such a not pleasant moment. If you suddenly slip on a wet floor or in a bathtub, grabbing a regular curtain, you will simply tear it. And if you grab the glass, you can pull out the fastener that holds it.