Cranberry. Useful or harmful - that is the question
Dec 20, 2019
The benefits of cranberries in the people legends. It can be consumed in various forms:
Traditional medicine uses recipes based on cranberries in various diseases. And what is its benefit, and whether the use of berries harm the human body? This will be a conversation in this material.
Calorie berries very low - only 28 calories, and is perfect for those who wish to lose weight. The berries contain a lot of vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system, increases the body's resistance to viruses and infections. This property cranberry makes it an essential ingredient in the diet of all people, especially children and those with weakened health. Especially useful to use cranberries to pregnant women.
Cranberry positive effect on the urinary system, the kidneys, and the benefit is as follows:
- Due acids, which are contained in berries, urine acidification occurs, whereby decreases the formation of calcium compounds. This means that decreases the risk of stones, and the growth in the bladder and kidneys.
- proanthocyanidins - items stored in the juice of berries. It is a natural antibacterial agent, has a beneficial effect on overall health. Washed out in the urine, a positive effect on the entire urinary system.
- Cranberries have long been used to normalize blood pressure. Preparing decoctions and fruit drinks, and as cranberries has a diuretic effect, reduces edema, the pressure returns to normal.
- Due to the composition and valuable antimicrobial effects, cranberries are used to treat oral diseases such as gingivitis, periodontal disease, with bleeding gums and stomatitis. Recommended intake jellies and broths.
- Cranberries are allowed to eat, even for diabetics, because they do not activate the rise in blood sugar. Therefore, when the second type of diabetes cranberries eat not only possible but also necessary, because it has a quality adjust the pancreas, generating the desired insulin. It maintains normal blood sugar levels.
Cranberry should be used cautiously courses. For example, if three consecutive days of berries take in food or juice, jelly, you then need to make a break for the same period. Due to the high acidity of the product can have a negative effect on the tooth enamel, the stomach.
The benefits of cranberries is obvious, but you need to pay attention to the contraindications. Gastritis, heartburn, ulcers, breast-feeding, allergy, individual intolerance - these are the factors in which the cranberry is strictly prohibited. Of course, the benefits and harms of cranberries, which we discussed in an article should be considered individually, on the state of health of each individual. What is clear is that cranberries can and should be used cautiously in order to help the body get the necessary nutrients.
Please, add one if you love this berry, and how to eat.
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.