Hemp flour: Properties and Applications
Dec 20, 2019
Hemp flour properties were known long before our era and played an important role for healers in China and India. Later this flour became popular in Europe, but over time it drove from use other cereals. Only not so long ago, interest in this product increased again, but contentious relationship to the plant from the seeds which produce it, make you think, what the benefits and harms of hemp flour.
The composition and caloric content of hemp flour
Due to its chemical composition, hemp flour has a variety of useful properties. For example, it contains pectin and crude fiber - fiber, which positively affect the overall condition of the person and the removal of residues and other harmful substances. It also contains various useful micro- and macroelements necessary for the normal development of the organism: magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, sulfur and chlorine.
Hemp flour serves as a rich source of vitamins B, E, PP, D and K. It also contains carotenoids, which are the prototype of vitamin A.
In addition, hemp seed contains twenty amino acids, half of which are not synthesized in the human body and can only be obtained from food.
The product has a fatty acid and omega-3 and omega-6 in the correct proportions (1: 3). Their use is pronounced beneficial effect on almost all spheres of life the body including the nervous, digestive, circulatory, endocrine and reproductive systems.
In this case, the flour has a low fat content.
The daily rate of consumption - 2 - 3 tbsp. l. (About 30 g).
Important! Flour from hemp, unlike leaves, inflorescence of the plant, does not possess psychotropic properties.
Useful properties of hemp flour
The use of hemp flour has been seen by people even from ancient times, but because this product is still an important component of food in the kitchens of many nations of the world. Hemp flour has a complex effect on human health. In particular, it:
- Positive effect on the digestive tract, helping to cope with constipation and normalizes balance of intestinal microflora. Due to the high fat content of the body is cleaned from harmful toxins and accelerates metabolism.
- Prevents the development of type II diabetes, as regulates blood sugar levels and suppresses the excessive production of insulin.
- It promotes weight loss and prevents the development of obesity. Fiber drowns the feeling of hunger, which is why people feel satiety for a long time and no longer need the extra snack, and B vitamins activates metabolism. As a result, the burning of fat cells, which makes hemp flour an effective tool for weight loss.
- It inhibits the development of liver and biliary tract, since magnesium which is in a large quantity in flour from hemp seed possesses choleretic properties. It also prevents the occurrence of gallstones.
- It improves the cardiovascular system and prevents the development of thrombosis. flour available as part of pectin combined with magnesium bind harmful cholesterol and safe withdrawal it from the body, thereby preventing the occurrence of blood vessel walls in cholesteric plaques.
- Reduces the risk of diseases of the male urogenital system, such as infertility, prostate and others, thanks to the magnesium reserves, selenium and zinc, the use of which is for men's health confirmed medically community.
- Enhances the lactation in women during breast-feeding.
- It increases the body's defenses. Fiber hemp flour serve as breeding ground for beneficial bifidobacteria that boost the immune system.
- It enhances mental activity. Being a rich source of amino acids, hemp flour has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system, It improves memory and helps improve concentration, and eliminates insomnia, and helps to fight stress.
- Improves physical performance. The presence in the hemp flour, vitamin E leads to increased endurance performance and increase muscle mass, which is very useful for athletes.
- It restores blood composition. The flour from hemp seed contains albumin and globulin which normalize the hemoglobin in the blood and, therefore, contribute to the prevention of anemia.
See also:Sesame oil: benefit and harm, how to make
Many useful properties of the product make it suitable for use for people of any age and health. It no harm can have both children and elderly people. It is safe for women during pregnancy.
Important! Unlike other cereals, hemp raw material does not contain gluten, so no adverse effects on people suffering from celiac disease, an autoimmune disease of the intestine.
Ways to use hemp flour
Flour from hemp seed has a fairly wide range of applications. It is widely used in folk medicine for complex treatment and prevention of many diseases, it is a popular ingredient in cosmetics produced in the home. But the greatest recognition she gained in cooking, especially in Asia.
Dishes from hemp flour
There are many recipes based on hemp flour. It can be used in self-contained cooking foods, such as cereals, soups, various baking, or use as vitamin and mineral supplements to garnish, first dishes and even drinks. From it also obtained an excellent thickener for sauces.
Important! The product of the hemp does not recommend the use of frying fish, poultry and meat. As a result of its reaction with the chemical constituents of amino acids in animal fats occur destruction and release of harmful carcinogens whose accumulation in the body can provoke development of oncology.
Perhaps the most popular and fast dish from hemp flour - a porridge. For its preparation will need:
- flour - 0.5 v .;
- salt and pepper - to taste;
- onions and herbs - to taste.
- The water was brought to a boil.
- Fall asleep in her hemp flour.
- Stir until a creamy mass.
- Seasoned finished cereal salt, pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped onions or herbs.
- Brew yield of 15 - 20 minutes.
For 2 servings of food will need:
- onion 1 pc .;
- 150 g of cabbage;
- carrots 2 pcs .;
- Hemp flour 1 tbsp. l .;
- oat bran 1 tbsp. l.
- In a prepared vegetable broth of onions, carrots and cauliflower are added bran and flour.
- Stirred, add salt and pepper to taste, bring to the boil.
- Tuck finished soup sour cream and finely chopped greens.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/prochie-produkty/konoplyanaya-muka-svoystva-i-primenenie.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.