Tired of waiting for when Hippeastrum bloom? A few tips to help get gorgeous plant
Dec 20, 2019
Hippeastrum may seem unprepossessing plant, if you look at him when he does not bloom. However, during the flowering of it is impossible to take your eyes off - luxury bright flowers will delight anyone. But what if your plant does not bloom?
I also encountered the same problem and I want to give some advice on this matter. So, what can we do to Hippeastrum began to bloom?
1. Leave him alone! Of course, not all. But this plant needs a rest period. He usually takes place in autumn and lasts about 3 months. You will realize that the time has come when gippeastrum begin to drop leaves.
During this period, he has to be in a cool and dark place - the temperature should be about 13 degrees, ideally.
2. Hippeastrum choose to close the pot. It will not bloom if it is too spacious. Instead, he will begin to grow rapidly, grow more tubers and leaves. We are interested in is not the same effect, so we do not give him too much space.
3. Not go into the bulb in the ground. Immerse it in there only half.
4. Make sure that the soil in the pot was nutritious. Hippeastrum needs feeding fertilizers, but it should make only after the bulb is entrenched. At a time when the plant bloomed, you also need to feed him.
This should be done about 1 every 2 weeks. She stopped only in the period of rest.
5. Do not overdo it with watering! If the plant is watered too abundant, onion just begins to rot. The soil should be dry before the next watering. It should take place strictly through the pallet.
6. Rate readiness plants. If the bulb is too small - less than 7 cm in diameter - it is possible that the plant is still simply not ready to bloom. It does not yet have the strength to. Need regular fertilizing, so she grew up.
7. Repot your plant every 2-3 years. This should be done in about a month after flowering has passed.
8. Make sure that the lighting, except for a period of rest, it was a good. But direct sunlight should be avoided.
Generally, this plant can be called relatively undemanding. By following these simple but important tips, you will be able to enjoy the blooming Hippeastrum. Bright and lush flowers will be an excellent piece of your interior.