The close earth in flower pots? To be useful for plants and beautiful to the eye
Dec 20, 2019
Growing potted plants, many are faced with the fact that the top layer of earth in their pots covered with patina, mold, crust, punched weeds, dries quickly earthen room, there are gnats. This not only spoils the appearance, but also significantly reduces the status of the plant itself.
To prevent all these troubles, it is recommended to hide the soil, in other words - to mulch.
This method while masking imperfections and creates favorable conditions for plants. Below are the most simple, but at the same time effective options to achieve these goals.
types of mulch
1. One of the most economical and simple variations ideal for those who do a lot of arts and deciduous plants. Their fallen leaves can be dried, finely cut, fill in the top of the pot.
Pay attention to the usual nettles, it is saturated with nitrogen, trace elements, it will enrich the soil, thereby saturating the flowers in it.
2. Sphagnum moss is another great way to hide unsightly surface of the soil. Green or already yellowed he looks quite unusual. Most often it is used for orchids, but that does not prevent its use in pots and others.
3. As a useful coating for the soil will fit any natural material in the form of wood chips, bark, needles, dried tea, turf.
As this organic matter - they enrich ground stabilize its acidity, prevent rapid drying, serve as a top dressing.
4. Vermiculite - layered mineral, perfectly loosens, oxygen saturating the soil, retains moisture. By properties similar to the sand, but the texture is much easier.
Was added to a cactus, money trees, succulents. They look great on a golden yellow background.
5. The décor is worth a try to add different stones, colored beads, shells, cones. Such a method prevents drying out and looks great in the interior.
6. Synthetic base like multicolored crumbs of foam is characterized by a long service in the operation, but in addition to decorative functions, it does not assume the use of color, except that longer prevents moisture evaporate.
Of these is not difficult, the available options will be able to easily help their flowers grow better, to maintain their status, while improving the visual exterior of the land in pots.