Preparations for the new season of honeysuckle. Autumn work on useful shrubs
Dec 20, 2019
Honeysuckle bushes are used for decorating gardens and cottages. There are varieties with inedible and with edible berries. With the onset of autumn should consider how to prepare honeysuckle bushes for a new season.
Autumn work on the bush
In the autumn I perform the following activities:
· Exercise regularly watering shrubs - they love moisture;
· I am submitting fertilizer - fertilizing the plants need to during the cold winter they are not needed nutrients. In order to feed adult bushes using fertilizers containing potassium and phosphorus (superphosphate).
Note that you can not do in the fall nitrogen fertilization: they will stimulate the development of plants, and may form the young shoots on the eve of the cold and frost;
· Do the transplant, if necessary. And I dig around bush together with a lump of earth stand in a new hole, which is lined with humus previously (layer 5 cm);
· Before the cold weather, bushes insulate using for this purpose mulching;
· Note that the honeysuckle is formed very quickly the young shoots. In the autumn should be pruned old and damaged branches, as in spring pruning can damage the fruit buds.
Pruning shrubs in order to maintain their health, called health, and creating the correct shape of the bush - forming.
Thus, honeysuckle will have a beautiful shape. In addition, the trimming procedure rejuvenates it stimulates profuse flowering and increase the yield of the new season.
It is necessary to thin out the bushes, it strengthens the bushes in front of snowfall, and in the new season (spring and summer) will provide bushes enough light and good ventilation.
Trim the bushes each year, there is no need. I do pruning every 2 - 3 years for shrubs that have already reached 5 years of age. not be cut off before the individual damaged branches can be removed if necessary.
In order to prevent diseases and to prevent pests in the new season, helping fungicide treatment, cleaning and elimination of cuttings and fallen leaves.
From damaging microbes bushes protects treatment of the cuts. For this I use such protective equipment, such as: oil paint, clay, garden var.
Keep in mind that autumn honeysuckle preparation for the new season will depend on the climatic conditions of the region and the type of shrub.