How useful brown (brown) rice and how to cook it
Dec 20, 2019
Benefits and harms of brown rice - an interesting topic for those who like to try different foods in the kitchen. To evaluate the properties of the grains, you need to understand what are its features.
The brown rice is different from the usual
White and drilling grain rice belong to the same cereal. The only difference between them is in the handling.
- white rump - a seed that prior to packaging and shipping for sale are subjected to a thorough cleaning and sanding. In the process of the husk and germ removed. Such treatment can significantly prolong the storage of the product and to protect from contamination by harmful microorganisms. However, significantly lowered useful properties - grits loses up to 90% of the substances in its composition.
- brown cereals presents itself seeds that have passed the minimum processing and therefore retained fiber and nutrients almost in full. However, micro-organisms and fungi harmful to brown rump more often to the same when cooked rice is strongly fall apart.
Two varieties of grains differ in nutrition. Since brown groats more fiber, and white - carbohydrates, brown rice is considered a dietary product.
The chemical composition of brown rice
To fully appreciate the benefits of brown cereals after minimum processing, you need to familiarize yourself with the product composition. The brown rice contains:
- fiber - this is the component in large volumes is retained with minimal processing;
- B vitamins - niacin, and pyridoxine, riboflavin and thiamine;
- PP nicotinic acid;
- vitamins E and K;
- vitamin H;
- folic acid;
- magnesium and iron;
- copper and zinc;
- manganese and sodium;
- phosphorus, iodine and selenium.
It is important to note that the brown barley contains gluten - gluten, often causing allergies in children and adults. To use it can do everything, without fear of gastric disorders.
Calorie content and glycemic index of white rice
Caloric brown rice is only 362 kcal per 100g of product - a median nutrition. In general the composition contains the grain complex carbohydrates - up to 77.2 g, but also in the brown rice contains about 7.5 g of protein, and about 1.8 g of fat.
The glycemic index of the product is 45-50 units, which makes it suitable for use in diabetes - from brown rice occurs glucose fluctuations.
The benefits of brown rice for the body
Brown grass has a number of health benefits. use of the product is that it:
- good thirst hunger, replenishes energy and has a tonic effect;
- does not contain gluten, so is ideal for people intolerant to gluten;
- It strengthens the nervous system and promotes a healthy brain activity;
- a beneficial effect on blood vessels and improve heart function;
- It improves concentration and memory;
- It regulates the bowels, has a lightweight anchoring effect;
- assists in the liver, promotes rapid excretion of toxins;
- It is the prevention of cancer due to the presence of antioxidants in its composition.
Brown grass is recommended for use for people of all ages. But especially his great benefit for the elderly and children, because it rarely causes allergies and has a pronounced positive effect on the body.
Medicinal recipes based on brown rice
Brown grains are very useful in a constant diet because they help prevent the development of many diseases. However, the benefits and harm of brown rice for the body pronounced with pre-existing diseases, sometimes properties of the product used for the treatment.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/kashi-i-krupy/chem-polezen-buryy-korichnevyy-ris-i-kak-pravilno-ego-varit.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.