Effective pruning blackcurrant for the "Dummies": the golden rules of gardening
Dec 20, 2019
Pruning adult bush blackcurrant may enter a deadlock even the experienced gardener. If a two-year seedlings more clear, then work with a seasoned plant, plenty of overgrown branches, sometimes causes a feeling of helplessness.
I am familiar with this feeling. Standing in the garden, in one hand - pruning shears in the other - phone number, which is stored circuit ideal trim. While looking at the picture, everything is clear. Raise your eyes to the bush and do not know how and what to cut first.
It becomes clear: the scheme does not shake. To trim always been successful, it is necessary to understand the essence of the nature and effect of black currant cuttings. To make it easier to write in your own words.
Why cut black currants
Black currant fruits only in the green this year's growth. Which, in turn, grows on the older branches. The bulk, which will be collected berries located on 2-3-year-olds branches. And that they should form the bulk of which.
"Carriers" old branches (they are called skeletal) interested gardener only as a support of all the others. If there will be too much, the food at all is simply not enough.
Dense bush, they do not know secateurs, - a sad spectacle. First, it can give an enviable harvest, but the picture changes dramatically after a couple of years. The berries are small, taste good. In the center of the strong shadows fungal disease began. And all because the crop every year it was necessary.
When cut black currants
I stick to this schedule:
- Drastic pruning - every autumn, when Bush will throw most of the foliage. I already wrote that the number of branches does not equal a good harvest. And so I leave the two-year and three-year branches as bush "pull." 5 young smorodinok to 25 veterans of the garden. In the spring the whole thing will acquire new growth, which in due time will brush fragrant berries.
- If for some reason, failed to make an autumn crop, you can postpone the procedure until the end of February. The main thing is to get to work until the start of the spring sap flow.
- Throughout the summer, cut all the dry, rotten and sick.
- After harvest, crop the very tips of branches already otplonosivshih. Let them grow young!
- Every 7-10 years should throw a pity and spend a total rejuvenation. One autumn cut out all the old branches on the bush, and the next fall - rest. Unfortunately, each plant has a "shelf life". Therefore periodically bushes must be replaced with new ones. By the way, they are easy to grow your own hands from cuttings or layering.
Grow black currants and the article was curious? Please click the "Thumbs Up" for an answer! Thank you, my darlings. Also I suggest reading: Simple potato peelings - a godsend for gardeners. I threw them before