7 common mistakes that are made when building a bath
Dec 23, 2020
Bath - a place of comfort, relaxation and recovery. Even such a small building as a bathhouse must be properly planned. Unfortunately, many people equate a bathhouse with a household. construction, believing that you do not need to do a project. In addition, they make several other mistakes in the construction and arrangement of a bath, which lead to unpleasant consequences, including a deterioration in well-being. I'll tell you about the main ones.
1. Do not remove the vegetation layer under the base of the bath. As a result, moisture and dampness rises upward, which is not very good for buildings. It is necessary to remove the top layer of soil, removing about 25-30 cm. Removing the soil is necessary, since the grass will hold water like a sponge, especially in a foundation covered with shields. It is better to make a screed and drain the water outside the bath or remove the layer and cover with expanded clay.
2. Do not cover the plinth. For the construction of a bath, a pile or screw foundation is usually laid. In this case, it is imperative to revet the basement to protect the building from freezing from below.
3. Make the steam room too small. As a result, it is inconvenient to bathe in it with a broom, because "there is nowhere to wave your hand." According to the recommendations of professionals, the best shape for a bath is a cube with dimensions in length, height and width - at least 2.6 m.
4. Incorrect dimensions and arrangement of shelves in the bath. The width of the shelves in the steam room should be such that it is comfortable for a person to sit and lie down. In the supine position, the whole body should lie on the shelf and not hang down. The recommended width is about 80 cm. At the same time, it will be more convenient if the shelves on the lower tier fold back so that you can easily approach the person who is lying on the upper shelf and steam him with a broom. The height of the shelves should be thought out in advance, depending on who will visit the steam room. For the elderly and children, you need to make lower shelves.
5. Do not pay enough attention to ventilation. This is in vain! In the bath, it is worth doing a three-stage ventilation - supply, exhaust, regulating. If it is not set up correctly, then carbon dioxide will accumulate in the steam room. Because of this, during or after the procedures, headaches and other signs of deterioration of health may appear.
6. Choose an oven that does not match the size of the steam room. Study the instructions in advance, consult with professionals when choosing a stove. The power of its heating should be enough to heat the bath. You can take it with a small power reserve. But too strong will not work either, it will heat the bath too quickly and overheat it. Installation of the stove is recommended near the door for better ventilation.
7. Errors in installing the chimney for the stove, and its length is too short. The short length will not give the required traction. So choose the right size. For a bath of 15 m3, the chimney must be five meters high. The chimney should not be done with twists, let it be straight. The straight chimney is sealed and practical. In addition, take care of a fireproof unit in the place where the chimney passes through the roof.
Before building a bath, I still recommend preparing a project, calculating the dimensions and planning the location of the stove and shelves. Let your stay in the sauna give only pleasant emotions and good health, and not a headache in every sense of the word.