Amarkrinum for home and garden: everything that is known about the rare plant with 10-18 flowers on the stalk
Dec 20, 2019
Hero of notes - a rare bulbous plant amarkrinium Howard (Amarcrinum Howardii). This is a hybrid amarillsa Belladonna and kriniuma Moore (Amaryllis belladonna x Crinum moorei). The Russian floriculture can be attributed to the rare but successful innovations. According to the idea of crossing, amarkrinium combines the best qualities of the parents.
The main decorative features amarkriniuma Govarada:
- Height peduncle: up to 90-100 cm.
- Leaves: remnevidnye, dark green, about 60 cm in length, width - 5 cm.
- Flowers: funnel-shaped, pink colors, gathered in inflorescences
- The number of colors on one peduncle: usually 10 to 18, and sometimes up to 25.
Bonus: a sweet savor.
I found on the Internet variety amarkrinuma 'Born Free' with white flowers. And, judging from the translation of foreign sources, first petals pink. And then the flower is gradually becoming a snow-white:
Features amarkinuma growing
Before you buy a bulb amarkrinuma on the Internet, I prosherstila sites and forums to collect detailed information about the plant. Including in the English-language sites. Now I try to organize all the items, combining theory and practice of those gardeners who grow their own unusual hybrid.
- On websites selling bulbs, says that amarkinum grown in the garden and in the home. But the owners of the plants write that in the summer it is desirable to be planted in open ground or stand on the balcony. Without fresh air and differential day / night temperature of flowering can not wait.
- Amarkrinum - large plantFar more Hippeastrum. He needs a lot of space.
- Like most fellow Amaryllidaceae likes abundant light and moderate watering.
- When grown in the pot room amarkrinum not picky soil. Universal primer for flowering plants - what you need! Required good drainage layer.
- Bulb amarkrinuma more elongated than the Hippeastrum and larger. therefore pot must be large. Especially because the hybrid willingly gives kids - onions smaller. And the space required for them.
- When the content of the home goes to amarkrinum peace (Shed their leaves) regularly when he pleases. Maybe I do not do this a couple of years. Ideally desirable cold wintering (in a room with the temperature 10 ° C) while alternating-period rest period vegetation more predictable. But amakrinum may exist throughout the year and at a constant room temperature.
- From spring to midsummer preferred nitrogen feeding, Closer to the beginning of flowering - complex fertilizers with a predominance of potassium and phosphorus.
Bulbs amarkrinuma traditionally planted in the early or mid-spring, half buried. Soon, the plant begins to build rich greens. Blooms in late summer and early autumn smells.
In the conditions of the middle band Russia is not winter in the open field. Temperature below -5 ° C is fatal. Therefore, the plant is transplanted into a pot, separating the extensions for the season kids, and enter the room.