Tuna: useful properties, how to cook, can you eat on a diet
Dec 20, 2019
Today, the benefits and harms of tuna being discussed everywhere., What was going to deal with this issue, you need to know why this fish is so appreciated.
Looks like and where the usual tuna
Tuna - are the seven types of ocean fish that make up the genus Thunnus and have great commercial value. They may differ significantly among themselves. Description of tuna can be represented as their carcass rounded, tapering to a bifurcated crescent caudal region. Have color from dark top - to the silvery down.
Another notable feature of the form - subcutaneous blood vessels have developed a network that represents a unique temperature controller which is required to maintain it above ambient due to the slow mode, swimming.
Tuna - migratory species that can travel thousands of kilometers across the ocean throughout his life. It is obtained in various regions around the world. Today its production involved more than 70 countries, including the US, Japan and Spain.
Tuna is found in any ocean waters, except the polar, but most of the world's catch comes from the Pacific, which accounts for about 66 percent.
species of tuna
There are seven species of fish are subject to commercial fishing. These include:
- Average or bluefin (Thunnus thynnus). It has a bluish-black color with silver stripes. Migrate over long distances to all the world's oceans and inhabits tropical, temperate and even cool water. It may reach about 4.3 meters long and 800 kg weight. Used for the preparation of sashimi and steaks.
- Yellowfin tuna (T. albacares). It has a yellowish color and blue stripes on each side. Is found in the Atlantic Ocean, it could reach 180 kg. Currently, the population has increased, because it is the most common type, are eaten.
- White or albacore (T. alalunga). Inhabits over the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and the Mediterranean Sea. Its maximum size is about 1.3 meters and 45 kg. Albacore tuna has a dark blue back and silvery white belly. It is used more often for making preserves.
- Bigeye (T. obesus). Reminiscent of yellowfin, but has big eyes. This species is usually found in tropical and subtropical, warmer waters of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. It can grow up to 2 meters or more in length and weigh up to 200 kg. It is used for frying and preparing various dishes.
- Small Atlantic (T. Atlanticus). He lives in the Atlantic Ocean in the warm waters and in the Mediterranean Sea. Despite its name, can reach a length of 120 cm. Different low-fat bright red meat, is used mainly in the form of canned food.
- Bonito and skipjack. (Katsuwonus pelamis). It grows up to about 90 cm and 23 kg. It lives in the tropical and subtropical waters of the oceans around the world. Used in smoked or dried, in Japan - for the preparation of national dishes, including dried bonito shavings.
- Mackerel (Auxis Thazard). It found worldwide in tropical and temperate waters. Fish has a large dorsal fin high spikes different silver-blue color with dark wavy lines and white belly. Used for canning and for cooking.
The chemical composition of tuna
Tuna - this is a useful and readily available source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is a good complement to the diet. These compounds are a type of polyunsaturated fat, which is only found in fish, nuts and seeds.
The health benefits also provides vitamins, minerals and organic compounds. They include antioxidants and proteins, wherein in fish have highly saturated fat or sodium. It also has impressive levels of selenium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and potassium. As for vitamins, there is a large amount of vitamin B12 and niacin, as well as good B6 and riboflavin.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/myaso-i-ryba/tunets-poleznye-svoystva-kak-prigotovit-mozhno-li-est-na-diete.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.