How useful watercress
Dec 20, 2019
Cress is an annual plant. Long since it is added to dishes as a spice and is used to treat many ailments. To understand the benefits and harms of watercress, it is necessary to get acquainted with its structure. Moreover, that is the use of all parts of the plant - leaves, seeds, roots.
The composition and caloric content
Lettuce has a caloric density of 32 kcal. Energy value greenery 2 g protein, 1 g fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates.
B2 - 0.3
B4 - 20
B5 - 0.2
B6 - 0.2
B9 - 80
A - 346
C - 69
E - 1
K - 542
PP - 1
iron - 1
potassium - 606
calcium - 81
Copper - 170
Sodium - 14
Selenium - 1
Phosphorus - 76
The benefits of watercress for the human body is priceless, thanks to the rich set of vitamins and low calories.
The benefits of watercress health
The healing quality of the plants was rated in ancient times. The leaves are used for healing wounds, treatment of skin and cholelithiasis. Already modern medicine recommends to watercress for improving vision, preventing eye diseases and oncology.
For men and women
Invaluable watercress for female and for men's health. The fair sex appreciate the greens for a low calorie, positive effect on the skin and hair. And men are valued for the ability to restore the greenery potency, enhances sexual therapy to treat prostatitis.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Women in the state also should pay attention to watercress. Greens added to salads or other dishes, facilitates the removal of excess fluid from the body, improves intestinal peristalsis and eliminates constipation.
Attention! Nursing mothers should consult a pediatrician before the plants use. Since this green - a strong allergen.
To properly functioning immune system, it is sufficient in children's meals add a little salad. The benefits of watercress for a child's health is evident in its restorative and anti-inflammatory qualities.
At the slightest symptoms of a cold enough twice a day to give the child a warm infusion of the leaves or using leaves as mustard. Due to the mild expectorant effect, the infusion of green will help treat severe cough.
For the elderly
Reasonable adding leaves to the dish will help to normalize the blood pressure and restore restful sleep, reduce stress. Benefits of Green also appears to reduce joint pain. The use of this plant is an excellent prevention of eye diseases and maintain vision.
How useful watercress diet
Dish with a salad fit for women who dream to lose weight. Low calorie content combined with a high content of vitamins and minerals, herbs make indispensable additive for salads. What are the benefits of this plant? Fresh juice improves digestion and helps to eliminate toxins from the body. Therefore, the weight loss occurs naturally and easily.
Application in medicine: folk recipes
salad eating and topically helps to get rid of many ailments. Use of green appears in the treatment of gastric disorders, acne, cough, oral cavity diseases. The leaves help to bring parasites. There are several popular recipes for healing:
- to normalize digestion, take leaf infusion. Cup of boiling water is poured crushed leaves (25 g) and insist 25-30 minutes. Strained infusion drink before meals, 3 times a day for dessert spoon;
- Cough and bronchitis are also treated with infusion of watercress. Cup of boiling water 3 tablespoons breed. chopped leaves. Strained infusion is drunk warm 3 times a day before meals for 2 tablespoons. l;
- when mastitis or seals in the chest, apply compresses of fresh leaves. The milled green portion applied to the patient for 2-3 hours;
A particular benefit external use - the acceleration of wound healing. On the affected skin impose ointment with watercress. To prepare fresh leaves triturated well and mixed with the melted oil (at a ratio of 1: 5).
The use of watercress in cosmetics
Nutritional and medicinal properties of the plant are shown and for external use. Benefits of green is undeniable: the skin is smoothed and leveled her tone, stop inflammation and inflammation disappear.
If you have problems with hair
Benefits cress hair due to the presence of sulfur. This element is essential for the formation of keratin. The plant promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. Benefits manifested in anti-dandruff - in the scalp rub fresh juice.
Masks for skin
With the ability to combine plants with different products, it is easy to make the mix for any type of skin.
The main mask:
- when acne is recommended to cut the leaves, add a little water and gently boil it (literally 5 minutes). The leaves are removed from the water cooled and put on the face. After 5-10 minutes, clean and rinse the skin with cool water;
- benefit to oily skin: chopped leaves (2 tbsp. l) was mixed with honey (1 hr. l). Add the egg whites and put on the face. The mask is rinsed with tepid water after 10-15 minutes;
- suitable for normal skin Mask of crushed in lettuce puree (10-14 leaves), olive oil (1/2 hr. l). Add 7-10 drops of lemon juice and applied to the skin for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the mixture is rinsed;
- to even out skin tone, a mixture of comminuted leaves and sour milk (at 2 tbsp. l). Mask hold 10 minutes and rinsed with cool water.
During the spring vitamin deficiency is becoming a common problem of skin peeling. The benefits of watercress is manifested in the ability to eliminate this problem. Help mask 5-10 pounded leaves and heavy cream. Mushy mixture was applied to the face and held for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
As a preventive measure you can use in the summer of cosmetic ice. For this leaves a small amount of water and lemon juice whipped blender to puree kind. Spread mixture into molds and freeze. In the morning, wipe your face. The main benefit - leveling color.
Watercress in cooking
Thanks to original flavor, spicy plant is used as an additive for various foods. Leves used in salads, soups, sauces, casserole, sandwiches, fresh green cocktails.
The use of plants preserved in dried and stewed:
- milled dried leaves seasoned omelet or scrambled eggs;
- fruit salads, sprinkled with dried plant acquire unexpected flavor;
- Herbs flavor subtly accentuate the smell of meat or fish dishes;
- lovers of cheese and cheese can also experiment with the flavors of the foods.
In order not to be disappointed in the plant, it is desirable to administer it in the diet gradually. And then it will be simple to create your own original recipes familiar dishes. Since the use of dried green less desirable to use it fresh.
Possible risk of harm and contraindications
The benefits of watercress for cooking delicious meals and face masks is undeniable.
But we must also take into account the damage that the plant can cause the human body:
- This plant belongs to the culture of strong allergens. Therefore, sensitive people are advised to carefully apply. Before using the plant is better to do the test - put a little juice on the skin and to evaluate the response of the organism;
- gipotonikam undesirably carried away this greens, because the pressure drop can be dangerous;
- with abundant adding herbs in food can be observed headaches, insomnia.
When using any product desirable to observe measure. And then harm the plants do not have to feel in their own body. Special benefits plants appears to be due to the presence of substances, ensuring the safety of cellular structures.
Tip! Adding to the daily diet of leaves and reduces the risk of developing a blood cancer.
Choosing a quality product and storage
Watercress has many varieties. The leaves may be of different color (even bluish or yellowish), forms. When buying quality green checked first of all to the touch.
Attention! Fresh leaves are resilient and succulent. Steel plate should be whole, intact (no tears or holes).
It is not recommended to eat dried or limp leaves, since the content nutrients in them is minimal. Strange spots or growths can be symptoms of plant diseases and such goods is better to "get round".
When not directly use the green, it is better to wrap in parchment or heavy paper. If there is only plastic bags, it is recommended to make holes in them - for ventilation. Pre-washed greens are not recommended, or wet leaves can quickly rot. The best option - the food container in which the leaves are much wrinkle. Keep in refrigerator desirable foliage. Plucked leaves remain succulent 5-7 days. Therefore, more than a week to keep the greens in the refrigerator does not make sense. Freeze watercress for the winter better in plastic containers.
This plant can not be attributed to the widely advertised, so what the benefits and harms of watercress is best to check personally. It is believed that a person should eat each day to 500 g of different fruits / vegetables and herbs. It is in fresh, unprocessed foods, it retains much of the nutrients.
This plant grows very quickly, so growing it on a window sill - a great option to fully enrich the diet with vitamins in the winter and summer.
Share with friends:
Add kommentariySvezhie record
- How useful watercress
- Plums: the benefits and harms health
- Saskatoon: benefits and harms health
- Benefits and harms of ice cream for the body
- Corn Sticks: useful properties and contraindications
A source: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/ovoschi/chem-polezen-kress-salat.html