Fish halibut: description, benefits and possible harm to the body
Dec 20, 2019
Among the varieties of seafood available in stores, special demand is the halibut - a predatory marine fish of the family of flatfish. Benefits and harms of halibut - an issue of interest to all lovers of seafood and a decent detailed consideration.
Fish is found mainly in northern waters, are caught, including Okhotsk, Barents and Bering Sea.
The characteristic color of this fish have not - it may be dark, until the black, or light olive. By the way, it is very similar to halibut, flounder itself, to the family to which it belongs. But to distinguish them is simple - halibut eyes are located on one side of the head.
Size of specimen depends upon the particular species - for example, a large Atlantic fish can be up to 5 meters in length and weigh more than 300 kg. Much less halibut - usually a mass of about 40 kg, length - 1.2 m Asian and American individuals can be considered small -. To one meter long and weighing up to 90 kg.
How to choose and store halibut
Usually fish stores is found in two forms - frozen or fresh. When choosing a need to focus on the standard rules to determine freshness.
- On the body of the frozen fish should not be ice. If it is, it means that the fish at least once thawed and frozen again - as it affects badly.
- When it comes to fresh halibut, his eyes should be bright and moist, and if they are dull - the fish began to deteriorate.
- fresh fish body is always elastic, if you press it with your finger, then quickly straighten dent. If the body is soft, and scales covered with a layer of mucus, making a purchase is not necessary.
- Fresh halibut should smell like the sea water. The unpleasant smell of ammonia indicates that the fish is spoiled.
Keep the fish in the refrigerator at home. Fresh - it is recommended to impose with crushed ice, but even then it can not keep more than a few days. Frozen fish is important to put in the freezer before it begins to melt. At a temperature of about - 18 C ° until the product is stored for 5 months.
The composition and nutritional value of halibut meat
This fish is not too high in calories - 100 grams of meat it contains 103-142 calories. The main part of a part of occupied proteins - 18,9 g, followed by fat - 3 g, carbohydrates are not available.
The meat is very rich in vitamins and trace elements. It contains:
- potassium, phosphorus and magnesium;
- calcium, iron, folic acid;
- Vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6 and B12;
- vitamin A;
- vitamin D;
- vitamin E;
- vitamin PP - or nicotinic acid;
- Omega-3 - fatty acids.
See also:Mutton fat tail: the benefits and harms, properties, how to prepare
Useful properties of halibut
Regular consumption of halibut helps maintain good health and protects against many diseases. Lean indeed, but rich in essential fats Omega-3 meat strengthens the immune system, so often use it especially useful in winter, when it is so easy to catch a cold.
Mainly halibut appreciated for what it is:
- accelerates blood circulation, it helps to ensure that oxygen and nutrients will spread along with blood through the body;
- It strengthens the walls of blood vessels, which reduces the risk of blood clots, heart attacks and strokes;
- It gives strength to joints person.
Useful substances contained therein, contribute to removal from the body of harmful toxins, carcinogens and even heavy metals.
We should not forget about the high protein content of the composition. This organic matter is responsible for the normal level of hemoglobin in the blood, for muscle growth, for hormonal balance, it determines the body's ability to heal any injuries - from cuts to fractures. Frequent consumption of this fish to eat well reflected in the health and appearance, and even mood.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/myaso-i-ryba/ryba-paltus-opisanie-polza-i-vozmozhnyy-vred-dlya-organizma.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.