Ztamenitel stevia sugar: the benefits and harms, properties and contraindications
Dec 20, 2019
Among the many stevia sweeteners, perhaps, it is the leader of a whole range of useful properties. She even gave the proud title of the grass of the XXI century. However, due to the fact that around the plant additives in food in its time been some debate in the scientific community, the negative opinions still trail then it affects the reputation of grass and leaves questions: what is really good and concluded Stevia harm to the human body.
What is Stevia and where it grows
Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana), or honey grass, perennial plant called subtropical-2 bush leaves - 3 cm and tiny white flowers that originally occurred in South and Central parts of the US continent. Home to the honey herb stevia is traditionally considered Paraguay, Mexico and Brazil, but its spread, she received around the world, including in the south of Russia.
The origin of mysterious herbs: according to one version the involvement of the opening of the plant is credited with beneficial properties Steviusu botanist and physician, who lived in the XVI century, and on the other -. owes its name stevia known Russian scientist Steven.
And the name "honey grass" was assigned to the tribe of the Guarani stevia Indians, who appreciated its properties, and as a sweetener and as a medicine.
A unique source of sweet honey herb - glycosides - were identified by French explorers in 1931. Later, in the 70-ies of XX century, its sweetener properties for the manufacture of beverages have adopted in the food industry in Japan, but then became very popular herbal tea based on it. Widely used in culinary herb honey experiments in the US as an additive to the prescription desserts, baked goods, dairy products.
The composition and caloric content of stevia
For stevia characteristic sweet taste thanks to its member glycosides, mainly - stevizoidu, which includes glucose, soforozu and steviol, giving the grass a unique sweetness. Stevizoid prepared from grass extract used in the food industry as an additive marked E960, which is related to the safe.
The complex glycosides in the composition of the grass as amended:
- Rebaudioside A, C, V;
Stevia also boasts a wealth of useful components in its composition:
- vitamins A, E, K, C, P (rutin), PP (niacin) and the group B;
- essential oils;
- minerals: potassium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron and silicon.
Sweet properties of stevia sugar beet more than 25 times, with negligibly low calorie:
One hundred grams of grass contains 18 kcal, which is especially appreciated in the diets.
Useful properties of stevia
Further benefits of application instead of sugar, stevia has a whole list of properties:
- Stevizoidam inherent quality feed pancreas and restore its function.
- In small doses observed beneficial effects of stevia on blood pressure reduction, and in large doses - a slight increase in it. This indicates the importance of the dosing receiving grass and the need for an individual destination specialist.
- Admission herbs in small doses, significantly increases the heart rate, and in large doses - it weakly expressed slowing.
- The power stevia restrain development of pathogenic bacteria and microorganisms. Thus, reception herb tea is useful for prevention of caries and periodontal disease, which is harmful to tooth loss, and in particular, diseases of diabetes. These properties work in special organic medicinal toothpastes with the inclusion of stevia leaves. A tincture of honey herbs are beneficial in the treatment of colds and flu.
- A separate item of application bactericidal properties of herbs is a wound-healing effect. Stevia is also used in the treatment of burns, bites of poisonous insects, eliminating dermatitis and even eczema.
- The benefits for the human body external use Stevia is not inferior to the effect of its application inside: as part of lotions and masks improves skin grass eliminates dermatitis and even eczema.
- Food supplement stevia complex helps to improve digestion, affecting both the kidneys and the liver.
- The use of honey herb reduces harmful dependence on tobacco and alcohol.
The abundance of useful features makes the plant a real physician from a number of diseases:
- periodontal disease;
- seborrhea, and eczema.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/lekarstvennye-rasteniya/zamenitel-sahara-steviya-polza-i-vred-svoystva-i-protivopokazaniya.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.