Top 5 most beautiful indoor plants that bloom in winter without problems
Dec 20, 2019
Flowers not only decorate the house, but also purify the air. At the same indoor plants in pots in bloom not only in autumn and summer. Here collected a selection of flowers that bloom in late autumn and winter. This so-called short-day plants.
1. Azalea - is one of the most popular plants among gardeners, blooming in the winter. In this case, you need to take care of her carefully. In gratitude, the flower will give you incredibly beautiful inflorescences. Watering should be moderate, abundant.
It is better to once every two weeks to loosen the soil and acidify it. The room temperature must be not higher than 20C.
2. In cyclamen a lot of different people's names. Someone finds it similar to the butterflies, someone with violets, and in ancient times it was called "sleeping in the summer." He blooms from October to March.
Cyclamen comfortable feel will only be at a temperature of not lower than 12 ° C and not higher than 18 ° C, in another embodiment it simply resets the leaves and inflorescences.
It needs to be watered by pouring water into the tray, observing that the land in the pot does not dry.
3. poinsettia or "Christmas star" is unique, since it "bloom" is not the inflorescence and the leaves! However, they can be painted in different colors: pink, beige, white, red.
To plant blossomed during the cold season, he needs to light then 10 hours a day in the autumn. For this evening, you can put the pot in a cabinet or cover something.
Retain their decorative flowers from November to January, with a mid-temperature from 17 to 21 ° C.
4. Hippeastrum looks very exotic - it is decorated with bright showy blossoms on tall stalk with broad leaves. Blooming in mid-winter, it becomes the same decoration at home during the holidays.
For this purpose, the beginning of autumn it must be stored at a temperature of not more than 15 ° C. Then the plant is transplanted into new pot is transferred to a warm place, and organize the frequent moderate watering.
5. Decembrist or "cactus forest." For this flower needs the high ground or pots, since it unusual form: flowers, lanterns hanging down with long stems, and begin to bloom in the first month of winter. Hence the telling title.
To plant bloomed, with the beginning of October it is removed in a cool place and watered.
In the early blooming flowers you need to make watering more frequent and feed every two weeks. flowering peak in November - February.