Geraniums winter storage in the home
Dec 20, 2019
Geranium - a beautiful flower that creates a cozy and warm ambiance. She fell in love with me, because this plant is unpretentious and does not require complex care.
In winter care is a little different. From December to February, the plant is in a resting phase, when it slows down its development.
Geranium that grows outdoors in winter can be saved as a houseplant or in a basement.
Storage geraniums at home
In the winter, I suggest, to save the geranium to create such conditions:
· During the cold months to keep in a cool place. To do this, you can move the plant on the window sill on the north side. At the same time pay attention to the flower leaves do not touch the glass.
The optimum temperature for geranium in winter 10 + 150C. You should also take care of the flower from drafts, at airing the flower is removed from the window sill;
· Heliophilous geranium flower. Therefore, we must ensure that it is additional lighting. With a lack of light it will not bloom. For additional lighting I use lamp "phyto". Direct sunlight is not dangerous for the geranium, it maintains them safely;
· In winter flower is enough to water once a week 1. Making sure that the soil in a flowerpot has been continuously and evenly moist. To adjust the watering, you need to choose the correct drainage system suited for this expanded clay and perlite;
· Plant withstands winter indoor dry air. However, in heavily air-dried (moisture content 30-40%) begin to lose leaves;
· Geranium need regular pruning. Carry out this procedure should only be the beginning of winter, and in the future it is better not to cut off in the winter. pruning procedure is carried sterile instruments (scissors or knife). Dry leaves and withered flowers should be cut off at any time, even in the cold;
· In winter, when the flower is at rest, it should not be fed.
In the basement, certain conditions must be created:
· The room is dry and frost-free in the winter;
· Temperature between + 70C;
· Previously cut geranium.
At the end of the winter geraniums planted outdoors in the flower garden, to the balcony.
By following simple rules, winter, plant in spring delight you with its abundant flowering and fragrance.