Learning how to repot dratsenu
Dec 20, 2019
Any time a flower needs a transplant from time to time. In order not to harm the plant, this process must be performed carefully and in advance to learn all the nuances.
Although dracaena not capricious plant, there are still some requirements that must be considered during her transplant, and we now consider them.
First, pay attention to when it is best to transplant dratsenu? The most favorable for this period is the early spring or late winter. It was during this period, the plant begins to grow actively, leaving the rest of the winter.
During this period, dracaena most forces and it is easier to cope with stress. However, in extreme cases, for example, due to illness, it can be transplanted in a different period.
We determine that the plant needs a transplant in the following situations:
· The plant has grown to such proportions that the pot is clearly small;
· Ate Dracaena is in the same pot for more than three years, which is why she leaves begin to turn yellow and stunted;
· If in the soil and on the plant start to wind up lice or other parasites, indicating that the disease or rotting of the roots.
How to transplant dratsenu?
1. The first thing to do - pick up the pot for the plant properly. By purchasing a plant in the store, it will be placed in a temporary shipping container. Keep in mind that the roots grow to 2 cm per year. However, it is not necessary to use too large a pot as this will delay the moisture, but also can lead to root rot;
2. Further it is necessary to prepare a primer. Although dracaena can feel good in any type of soil, but the most favorable to it It is ground for palms and figs, which will already contain the necessary trace elements for plants and additives;
3. To safely remove the plant from its old pot, stop watering it for 3 days prior to transplantation. This will facilitate the removal of the plants as the soil will dry up.
Now consider myself transplant process:
1. The plant is extracted from the previous container by tilting the bottom up. Next slightly clapping of the pot, the plant is extracted;
2. In this case, you can immediately examine the roots of the plant for damage, and if they are, then remove them shears or pounded charcoal powder;
3. With the help of a sprayer to spray the roots of the plants;
4. Sprinkle a small layer of soil drainage layer stacked on the bottom of the pot;
5. Further the plant is placed in a pot, and the root system is filled with soil;
6. And finally compacted soil around the plant and watered.