Quince. Useful properties and contraindications
Dec 20, 2019
The benefits of fruits known, but few people know that every product has certain limitations. Quince - well of vitamins, and this material describes its characteristics.
The fruits have a rigid structure, astringent taste. It's not very pleasant to eat in a pure form. But when the quinces undergo heat treatment, it becomes soft, with a sweet pleasant taste.
Varieties of quince are many, and mineral and vitamin composition depends on the variety and growing region. Nutritional value is only 48 kcal. Today, we analyze what is so useful for the organism quince, and talk about the possible harm from its use. Usefulness lies in the unique composition of the fruit.
- Vitamin PP - Helps the production of serotonin, thereby producing a beneficial effect on the nervous system, lowers blood pressure, dilates blood vessels of the brain.
- Beta-carotene - a natural powerful antioxidant that strengthens the immune system, it helps to fight viruses and infections.
- Vitamin B complex: thiamine, riboflavin, and others, are antioxidants, and protect cells from free radicals. They are involved in the process of splitting of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, converting them into energy supporting respiratory and locomotor activity. With their help, erythrocytes are formed, which increases hemoglobin and saturates the body with oxygen.
- Vitamin C fights bacteria and viruses, while maintaining immunity.
- Vitamin E accelerates the thymus, which is responsible for the formation of immune system cells. This vitamin protects against cancer, activates the production of new capillaries, improves blood circulation.
The mineral composition of quince also has a positive effect on the body.
- Calcium strengthens bone tissue, improves the functioning of the nervous system.
- Magnesium reduces the risk of seizures, helps the muscle tissue.
- Sodium, which is in the interstitial fluid, vitamins help to get to the cells.
- Potassium provides water balance by adjusting the content of salts, alkalies. Because effectively combats edema.
- Phosphorus, iron involved in energy metabolism. With these elements, improves tissue nutrition, the composition of the blood.
Quince belongs to dietary products, and those who keep a healthy diet, it is recommended to add to the diet of this valuable product. Fiber leads to normal operation of the intestinal tract, as a sponge soaking up, all harmful substances and toxins. Ascorbic acid helps cure colds.
Specific healthy properties quince different for pregnant women, because glucose and fructose in its structure are considered natural sources of nutrients for proper development and growth of the fetus. And this fruit helps future mums avoid edema, because it has a mild diuretic effect. Help quince and toxicosis, to use its fruits.
When used properly, quince has only benefits, but there are several categories of people who are not allowed to consume quince. First of all these are the people who suffer from constipation, as the quince has astringent properties. Those with gastritis, ulcers, pulp or quince juice is also contraindicated because they contain malic acid. By the way, this acid adversely affects the tooth enamel, so after the consumption of the fruit in any way, you must wash your mouth.
During the period of breastfeeding from a quince should be abandoned, because it is not known how to behave in the body baby.
In other cases, in the absence of contraindications quince will be one of the most useful fruits that can improve and rejuvenate the body of any person.
And how do you feel about the quince? Whether it is often on your desk?
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.