Useful than a watermelon for the body
Dec 20, 2019
Juicy ripe watermelons appear in the shops and markets near the end of the summer. Benefits and harms of watermelon due to its chemical composition but refreshing taste, it also has other advantages.
Watermelon is a fruit or berry
When looking at the big and heavy watermelon it did not even occur to call it berry - because usually this word is associated with small fruits. And yet, from the point of view of Botany, watermelon belongs to the gourds and gourd family. This means that the plant is a vegetable itself and its fruits fall into the category of fruit, despite its size.
The composition and caloric content of watermelon
The fruit has a very low nutritional value. Caloric watermelon 100 grams at most 38 calories and it is not surprising - 92% consists of water. In addition to water, it consists of:
- carbohydrates - about 11% of monosaccharides and disaccharides;
- protein - 0.9% by volume;
- Fructose, glucose and sucrose;
- important for the body elements - nickel, iron, manganese, magnesium and potassium;
- vegetable fibers;
- pectin substance;
- fatty acid.
What vitamins in watermelon
Special attention should be given vitamin composition of watermelon. Huge berry contains a complete supply of essential vitamins the body, namely:
- Group B - B1, B2, B3, and B6 and B9;
Percentage distribution of vitamins in the composition depends largely on how it was grown fruit. Considered the most useful berry growing in the open field under natural conditions and not exposed to chemicals.
Useful properties of melon
Vitamin and mineral content of watermelon - a comprehensive benefit for the whole organism. Substances in berries strengthen the blood vessels and heart system, a beneficial effect on skin and hair. However, mainly watermelon is appreciated for the fact that:
- It is a strong diuretic - and thus helps to quickly get rid of the swelling and cleanse the body of toxins;
- perfectly quenches thirst and eliminates the feeling of hunger - so ideal for hot weather;
- stimulates peristalsis due to tissue in its structure - with the help of watermelon can be combated with a tendency to constipation.
It must be remembered that eat the berries better separate from other products. Otherwise, in the gut may start the process of fermentation, resulting in a breakdown.
Important! Daily intake of watermelon - a maximum of 2,5 kg of juicy pulp, and divide this amount you need for meals. Otherwise, the kidneys will get too much load, which will cause the body harm.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/yagody/chem-polezen-arbuz-dlya-organizma.html