I no longer suffer from toilet leaks! Even with frequent use there are no problems. Sharing a simple trick
Aug 28, 2022
A real headache for any owner is a plumbing leak. The reason can be absolutely anything. Today we will take apart the toilet and see what happened there. I will share with you which fittings are best to purchase for the toilet flush mechanism.
Problem: Toilet leak
1. We remove the toilet bowl. Let's see what's wrong with us.
2. We take out the drain mechanism and check for defects.
3. Remove the nut from the mechanism and carefully inspect. As you can see, the mount is damaged.
⚠️Nut or washer - fastens the mechanism and the drain tank and does not allow, so to speak, the tank to “walk”.
4. In this case, the diameter of the attachment and the drain hole do not match. Initially, of course, everything was normal, but as the fittings wore out, problems arose.
5. I tried to restore it (cut it, straighten it), but, alas, it needs to be changed!
So, here it is necessary to replace this very nut
➤We need to purchase such fittings so that it is slightly larger in diameter than the drain hole itself. In order for the drain mechanism and the tank itself to hold securely and not slip.
The photo shows a porous nut. It fits the diameter perfectly.
➤In the assortment you can find foam rubber, porous and rubber (silicone) gaskets.
The photo shows a porous nut.
We will not even consider the foam pad. It is too short-lived, respectively, unreliable.
⚠️ Do not choose a ring with a tapered part, I mean a “wing nut”! Over time, it can go deep into the hole. And in general, as you can see, the year of operation of such a nut led to sad consequences.
➤Advantages of rubber (silicone) and porous seal:
⧪ Covers the hole diameter.
⧪ Securely secures the gap between the hole and the water drain mechanism. The toilet bowl will stand firmly.
⧪ Will not “dive” inwards.
⧪ Serves great! I already have experience with porous washer.
⚠️ By the way! Actually verified! More practical to use is a cone-shaped gasket, which goes into the hole with its lower cut.
I hope that the topic of today's issue was useful for you. Share your life hacks in the comments!