I no longer suffer from a nasty smell from the ventilation! Used the old trick and the smell was gone
Sep 06, 2022
The easiest way to get rid of the penetration of foreign odors into the house through ventilation
In apartment buildings, sometimes there are problems with odors from other apartments. Agree, this is unpleasant and causes a lot of inconvenience. Each apartment has ventilation through which other people's smells of smoke, burning or something else unpleasant penetrate. Today, together with you, we will figure out how to establish a reverse draft in the ventilation duct using an ordinary plastic film.
➧ Air vent - what is available;
➧ Polyethylene film - absolutely any;
➧ Stationery knife;
Let's get started!
Typically, the ventilation hood is located in the apartments in the kitchen or in the sanitary room (bathroom). Sizes may vary.
1. First you need to open the cover of the ventilation passage.
2. So, we see that the window or frame framing the hole is slightly larger than the passage itself.
3. We arm ourselves with a ruler and measure the width and length inside this window.
4. Next, take any film. It can be a plastic bag, a simple bag or even a garbage bag - it doesn’t matter.
Cut out the size of the window.
5. Now we put the film on the grate. Do not forget that on top we have a longer film. We substitute the grate with the film to the hole and make sure that the lower edge coincides just with the frame.
6. Insert the grid into place, as expected. The film should be on the reverse side, that is, “face” to the channel.
7. We just have to cut off the excess part of the film on top with a clerical knife. Work is ready!
This method has already been tried by me. Very reliable and simple. I recommend!
It is not necessary to be a master to do elementary things with your own hands. Dare! And I will help!