Still struggling with seams when wallpapering? I will reveal tricks that will help you paste wallpaper quickly and easily.
Sep 08, 2022
When gluing wallpaper, there are often difficulties in working with joints. I would like not to violate the aesthetics and appearance, and so that the pattern matches. At the same time, so that everything turns out neatly, without breaks and unnecessary daub. After all, you see, we sometimes use a simple favorite way - to help ourselves with an ordinary rag. But at the same time, there is a chance to leave stains (no matter how clean the rag is), or even inadvertently tear the glued material. Today I will share a way how to carefully make invisible joints on any wallpaper.
We will need:
⧪ Regular spatula;
⧪ Plastic spatula;
⧪ Wallpaper glue;
⧪ Glue brush.
1. We have a section of wallpaper with parted joints.
2. We take ordinary spatula and plastic, specially designed for smoothing wallpaper.
3. We adjust the wallpaper strips to fit the pattern so that everything matches. We make sure that there is enough glue or, conversely, that there is no bust.
💦 Excess glue flows out from under the wallpaper. Further, when leveling, it can spoil the appearance and even tear the wallpaper from excessive moisture. Of course, a lot depends on the type of wallpaper.
4. Next, pulling the edges, slowly move the strip to the center. We help with the second hand, and, accordingly, with a plastic spatula. Carefully draw from top to bottom for better adhesion of the wallpaper to the wall.
💦 Thus, we go along the entire joint. Spatula movements - from the center of the strip to the joint. Light, sharp, yet very accurate. We do not press hard, as there is a possibility that the procedure will have to be duplicated.
5. When we reached the bottom edge, it is also necessary to peel off the strip for alignment and glue it again, already focusing on the evenness and connection of the joints.
6. When the joints are connected, we continue to smooth with a special spatula, ironing the wallpaper from top to bottom and towards the middle, that is, to the joints.
💦 Move away from the working wall and take a sharp look. Rate your work. There are definitely places that need improvement.
7. From top to middle everything is perfect. But closer to the bottom, the joints are still visible.
8. Now both spatulas are used. plastic with a spatula, iron with quick precise movements to the joints. BUT ordinary - carefully, with force, we press the material against the wall. At the same time, carefully moving the edges towards the middle.
As you can see, we did a great job! Joints are not visible!
Friends! You will find even more usefulness on my channel. Subscribe, please, so as not to miss new publications with tips and ideas!