Benefits and harms of quince, medicinal properties
Dec 20, 2019
Benefits and harms of quince are interested in those who want to eat not only tasty, but also healthy food. Although Quince - not the most popular fruit in the stores, to understand the properties of very curious.
What is the quince and how it looks
Quince trees in the wild and cultural form grow mainly in the southern regions - in Azerbaijan, in the Caucasus, the Mediterranean, tropical regions of Asia, Australia, Africa and South America. At the height of the trees reach about 5 m, and bring the fruits are round, bright yellow, similar to apples.
Unripe fruits are usually covered with fibers, but by the time of the full ripening become almost smooth. The flesh is yellow quince, the structure resembles an apple, but it is more hardness, density and dry.
Chemical composition and caloric content of quince
The unusual fruit is valued not only for the original tart flavor with appreciable acidity. Use quince and damage to the body due to its chemical composition. Fruit contains:
- a significant amount of iron, potassium and sodium;
- phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium;
- tartaric, malic and citric acids;
- pectin and fructose;
- tannic components;
- B vitamins - B1, B6, B2 and B3;
- PP nicotinic acid;
- vitamins A, C and E.
Calorie fruit is low - 100 g pulp contains only 48 calories.
The quince is useful for the organism
Valuable components present in the composition of quince, endow it with very useful properties. In particular, this fruit:
- It has a healing effect on colds, bronchitis, cough, pain in the ears and throat;
- is a prevention of colds due to the widespread presence of vitamins;
- It regulates blood pressure, protect blood vessels and improve heart function;
- It helps to get rid of hemorrhoids;
- It is a good diuretic and cholagogue, reduces edema;
- helps to cope with nausea and vomiting, diarrhea stops and adjusts the digestive process;
- assists in the treatment of gastritis and stomach ulcers, helps with diseases of the gums and teeth;
- has hematopoietic properties, it is recommended to use for anemia;
- stop the bleeding;
- a beneficial effect on the nervous system, removing the anxiety and stress, tones and improves mood;
- good for the skin - accelerates the process of cell regeneration, has a light anti-aging effect, promotes healing of burns and wounds.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/frukty/polza-i-vred-ayvy-lechebnye-svoystva.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.