Turmeric: benefit and harm for health, healing properties, application
Dec 20, 2019
Benefits and harms of turmeric - the burning question for fans of seasonings and spices. Fragrant yellow powder commonly used in cooking - it is interesting to learn about its properties and about where else it is used.
Where it grows, and it looks like turmeric
The spice grows mainly in Asian countries - China, India, Pakistan. It looks like a herbaceous plant of average height of about 1 m with oblong leaves. Flowering pink and yellow buds, collected in inflorescence.
The main value lies in the roots. It is because they are dressing, and more - made a useful essential oil. The closest "relative" of turmeric can be considered a ginger, but the composition and properties of the two plants differ greatly.
The chemical composition of turmeric
Yellow spice - a real storehouse of nutrients. As part of the present:
- minerals - phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium and iodine;
- valuable vitamins C, K, B1, B2 and B3;
- a huge amount of essential oils - curcumin and Sabine, borneol and phellandrene, tsingibiren;
- terpene alcohols.
It is reported turmeric essential oil core value. Calorie condiments rather large - 100 g contains 325 calories. But since the use seasoning in very small quantities, its energy value is not harmful to health and figure.
The turmeric is useful to the human body
The use of turmeric for the human body is very high. Suffice it to list only the main advantages. Seasoning:
- boosts the immune resistance and helps fight colds have already begun;
- It acts as a joint and preventing vascular diseases, in particular, the use of large turmeric gout;
- stimulates blood formation process;
- It promotes weight loss and cleanse the body from harmful substances;
- has beneficial effects on the stomach and intestines and serves as the prevention of colitis, gastritis and ulcers;
- It helps to cope with the consequences of intoxication;
- It helps in the treatment of diabetes;
- It has analgesic effect;
- It improves the brain and nervous system;
- It helps with skin diseases and generally improves the condition of the epidermis;
- It is the prevention of oncological diseases, prevents the development of Alzheimer's disease.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/prochie-produkty/kurkuma-polza-i-vred-dlya-zdorovya-lechebnye-svoystva-primenenie.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.