What is the salt and why is it useful
Dec 20, 2019
To date, the benefits and harms of salt remains a controversial topic, as nutritionists and doctors have not come to a consensus. Some argue that the use of salt is harmful to health, and calls to abandon it. Others believe that it is useful for the body because it takes part in many vital processes. What are the benefits of this mineral, in which cases the salt intake can cause harm to humans and whether to reject it or to do it categorically impossible - these questions remain relevant.
types of salt
Many people know only the most popular types of salt - the usual attorney and sea. But in fact, the list of varieties of this mineral is much wider:
- Cookbook - the most common, purified rock salt industrial method. During the cleaning process is removed therefrom provarivaniya most trace elements, because the final product has a minimal benefit;
- extra - consists of pure sodium chloride, all useful minerals are removed during evaporation. It is considered the most aggressive and harmful species, since it contributes to water retention in the body;
- iodized - enriched potassium iodate. It is considered useful for people with enlarged thyroid gland;
- marine - it has the highest health benefits, since it includes many essential trace element;
- black - a crude natural mineral salt with the characteristic smell of sulfur. With prolonged use tends to improve the digestive system, and also has a sedative effect on the nervous system;
- Dietetic - it has a reduced content of sodium chloride. This type is useful for people suffering from chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular system, as well as obesity.
Scientists believe that because of the diversity of the greatest benefit is the crude types of this natural mineral. They saved all the trace elements necessary for the normal functioning of the body systems.
The composition of the salt
Common salt, depending on the field by 94 - 99% is composed of sodium chloride (NaCl), as well as impurities such as potassium, magnesium, bromine, iron, calcium, and others.
The salt is useful for the organism
Useful properties of this mineral are very important for the health of the human body. Sodium is responsible for the generation of electrical impulses in nerve cells, providing normal functioning of muscles. In addition, it regulates the water balance in the body. Chlorine is involved in metabolic processes, aiding in the synthesis of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and lipolysis.
The use of salt for the human body is based on its basic properties:
- responsible for cell renewal;
- participate in digestion;
- contribute to a better absorption of carbohydrates;
- thin the blood and lymph;
- promote the formation of red blood cells;
- output carbon dioxide;
- has antibacterial and antioxidant effects.
Mineral is indispensable, and its deficiency is harmful to health, because without it is impossible the normal functioning of all vital systems. With long-term rejection of salt a person begins to feel nausea, dizziness, weakness and drowsiness.
Benefits and harms of the food of sea salt are dependent on the correctness of its use, and in spite of all the advantages, is not recommended to abuse it.
Salt and slimming
People with excess weight, salt food should be with caution. This is due to the fact that the additive has the ability to retain water in the body, because excessive drinking is not conducive to weight loss. Besides, it enhances salivation and the production of gastric juice, thereby increasing the appetite.
The daily rate of salt intake
At day adult needs approximately 15 g of sodium chloride. In this case, 10 g of a person gets from food such as meat, fish, cheese, bread and vegetables. It turns out that a pure salt intake is restricted 5 grams per day, about half a teaspoon. To eat in large amounts considered harmful because of its property to retain water causes cardiovascular and urinary systems operate in emergency mode.
What foods contain sodium
Sodium contained in salt is the main source of the necessary daily requirement. But apart from that, the person receives this mineral of such products:
- Fish and seafood;
- bakery products;
- green pea;
- canned vegetables.
See also:Sodium benzoate: what it is and what it is harmful
Sauces such as ketchup, mustard, ready to use salad dressings are composed of large amounts of sodium. For example, in a spoonful of soy sauce contains half the daily requirement of trace element.
Treatment table salt
Regular table salt has long been used with advantage topical treatment of various diseases, because it has antibacterial and disinfectant properties. It is used to rinse, wash, make the dressing, primochi and baths.
Using lotions fighting diseases such:
- tonsillitis, laryngitis, tracheitis;
- gout, arthritis, rheumatic disease;
Sodium chloride solution at various mouth rinse stomatitis and gingivitis. Use mouthwash salt is disinfecting the affected areas and decreasing tissue inflammation. Antibacterial properties inhibit the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria, which contributes to the speedy recovery.
Salt baths successfully compete with the majority of fungal infections of the feet and for bruises and sprains make dressings with moist salty gruel.
Read more: https://poleznii-site.ru/pitanie/prochie-produkty/dlya-chego-nuzhna-sol-i-chem-ona-polezna.html
If this article was useful to you, put Like and subscribe to our channel. Do not forget to share information with your friends on social networks.